0. Lord, how can I serve you in this new year? How can I act so as to glorify you? What can I do for the benefit of my neighbor? Give me some goal I can pursue, some direction, some purpose. Should I fast? Seek to pray continuously? Watch to avoid sin? Pursue love? Give me a method, a plan.
1. You do not need to know the future. Desiring to have a plan to pursue, a task to dig your will into, just feeds self. It is desire for me tainted by self-will.
0. I have nothing. I am nothing. I desire nothing but Jesus. I have nothing. I am nothing. I desire nothing but Jesus.
1. Live in the moment. The past is closed. The future is tomorrow’s concern. This moment is all.
In this moment, be peaceful — I have you in the palm of my hand. I have a plan, a plan for your good, a plan for the salvation of the world. All will be well.
In this moment, be thankful. Think of all that I have given you, and done for you, and suffered for you. Know my love, my power, my glory. All is well.
In this moment, be joyful. All will be well. Your pain is well. Your poverty is well. Your plenty is well. All is well. Rejoice.
0. In Christ I have all, I can do all, I desire the salvation of the world. Thank you Jesus—all is well. Thank you Jesus—all is well.